Friday, April 18, 2008

Today was the long awaited fieldtrip Marian has been so anxious for. She and Tam had everything planned to the last detail... HOWEVER... as you can see she is as put out as the ape in the background! Marian tried as long as she could to pretend she was not sick, but by the first rest stop she gave it up. With the exception of a few drug-filled hours, she was barely able to take in the sights. She really looked the part at our last stop, the Rio Grande Zoo, and we got a lot of sympathetic looks. People really stepped out of the way for her. Worked out great for the rest of us. All in all, we had a great and memorable time that I am sure Marian will have fond memories of when she feels better. She has already recited everything we saw, every snake, amphibian, every rapture, every beast, etc. Elyse and Tristan couldn't see enough either and they even looked interested!!! Better luck next time Marian.

We just got news that Cedro and Trist's fieldtrip is coming up, and it is in Albuquerque too. Maybe Marian can have another shot.











4 comments:

*Ashley said...

How fun!! Poor Marion1! She really looks distressed!

Mike said...

I like that you put the slide show in the same post as your story. I sometimes feel like I need to comment on two posts when people don't.

Nate & Emily said...

Poor Marian, I remember when I was so sick on one of my birthday's. I wanted to go out and play so bad but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't do it, I was just to sick. I feel for you Marian!

Jennifer said...

Hope she gets another shot. They even gave her a wheelchair! Next time I go to the zoo, I might have to pretend I'm sick.